Tuesday 6 January 2015

Challenge: Back to the Classics 2015 Challenge

http://karensbooksandchocolate.blogspot.se/2014/12/announcing-back-to-classics-challenge.html

Most of my challenges this year are rather loosey goosey apart from a theme so I chose this one because I wanted to read broader, I also have a lot of classics sitting on my selves unread (that old mount, or lake, TBR). I have books for some of the categories (as you can see below) and some will be of the, what takes your fancy category. I am hoping that apart from The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie: A Novelby Muriel Spark I won't go for any re-reads. That one was a long time since I read and having been on a bit of a Maggie Smith kick of late I really want to re-read it.


1.  A 19th Century Classic Don't quite know yet. I'll find something in my selves though :)

2.  A 20th Century Classic I Capture the Castleby Dodie Smith. It was first published in 1949 and has been sitting on my self for quite some time. On of my friends recommended it to me and she has not been wrong yet. 

3.  A Classic by a Woman Author. Don't know what I will count for this one.


4.  A Classic in Translation. All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque. I've wanted to read this for quite some time and I've even had it sitting on my shelf for quite some time. It is time. I'll be reading it in English and the original language is German. This one will also count for the War Through the Ages Challenge

5.  A Very Long Classic Novel Utvandrarna by Vilhelm Moberg. This is a Swedish classic that I have started reading several times but never seem to get through. Here we go again. 


6.  A Classic Novella The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie: A Novelby Muriel Spark. I've read this one before but I want to read it again. It has a special place in my heart being set in Edinburgh and because the movie version features Dame Maggie Smith. I did like the look of some of the other novellas on the list of World's Greatest Novellas from Goodreads.

7.  A Classic with a Person's Name in the Title. Dracula (Vintage Classics) by Bram Stoker named for Count Dracula, is yet another book that has been sitting on my shelf.

8.  A Humorous or Satirical Classic Don't know what I will read for this, still thinking about it.
A Modest Proposal by Jonathan Swift. After what happened in Paris I've decided that my seniors are doing a unit on satire so they, and therefore I, will be reading A Modest Proposal

9.  A Forgotten Classic.  Don't know what I will be reading for this, still thinking about it.


10.  A Nonfiction Classic. The Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir. I'm combining this with the 2015 Feminism Classics Challenge.

11.  A Classic Children's BookBetsy-Tacy (Betsy-Tacy Books)by Maude Hart Lovelace. Another book I've wanted to read for quite some time (although a fairly new addition to my shelf)

12.  A Classic Play.  No idea, but maybe one of the Shakespeare plays I haven't read. Or something else






Copyright ©2015 Zee from A Tea Stained Page. This post was originally posted by Zee from A Tea Stained Page. It should not be reproduced without express written permission

No comments:

Post a Comment